Education and Healthcare
1.Winners, Hack for Healthcare 2016, University of Washington and Microsoft - Won 125000$ Azure Credits, Poddlebop
2. NCWIT AspireIT Program Grant of 2000$ for SheHacks, May 2017
3. 2015-2016 UMASS Amherst International Student Tuition Waiver award.
Managing Director, CV Chamkao
(September 2014 - December 2014)
My career counselling service startup through the New Venture Creation Course, focusing on 4 years of counselling service to students on opportunities to be taken to build that stellar Resume, pertaining to each Student's future plans. ( Link - http://yash04shah.wix.com/cvchamkao ). This Startup is based on the idea of my Education Research paper, published in INTED'14.
Computer Science Department
• Served as the voice of Masters Students to the Computer Science department at UMass Amherst
• Served on the board of Dean and Faculty Hiring Committee at UMass Amherst Computer Science Department. Hired our current CS Dean.
• Involved in various faculty meetings to suggest changes to the Organization and CS Program at UMass.
Program Manager, SheHacks,
Served as a partner - Program Manager for writing this grant on behalf of UMass Amherst non-profit board, to craft a summer training program for teaching girls at a local high school at Amherst, how to code. The grant money is $2000.
Grader, Logic in Computer Science,
Sept 2015 - Dec 2015
Served as the Teaching Assistant for the Course "Logic in Computer Science" at UMass Amherst
Professional Teaching Assistant, Object Oriented Programming Lab,
Taught a class of 50, code java on Linux Environment
Class Committee Member, BITS Pilani Dubai Campus
Providing Changes in the curriculam of Computer Science department and feedback on the course material for better suited courses for the University.
Teaching Quincy High school students AP Computer Science through remote sessions.
1. Poddlebop - Connecting Mental Health Patients to Providers